If your Business is still using Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 and NOT Office 365 Business or Microsoft Hosted Exchange, then you are already putting your business under serious risk of being hacked or compromised.
However, using non-business versions of Office 365 (Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, Office Home and Student) can also be putting your organisation at similar risk.
- Where does your email come from?
- Who controls your mailbox?
- Why am I getting SPAM emails.
Most Malware, Ransomware and Identity Theft starts with e-mails containing dangerous attachments or more likely links to external websites that download viruses or give others control of your computer systems.
This is because the “mailbox” that Microsoft Outlook connects to was probably provided by your website host (go-daddy, netregistry, crazy-domains) or is ISP based such as iinet, westnet, bigpond or even a free service such as Yahoo or Gmail.
These providers make almost NO attempt to reduce the amount of spam or viruses they send you but generally rely on your computers having anti-spam and anti-virus software that is supposed to filter out these nasties before your users see them.
Do not rely on ISP or Domain mailboxes to stop dangerous emails reaching your company.
Microsoft supplies the Mailboxes of 95% of the world’s top companies in the form of Microsoft Exchange Servers or Microsoft Hosted Exchange and offers the highest level of protection in the form of Exchange Online Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
Advanced Threat Protection” or “ATP” and is available to anyone using the above Microsoft Hosted Exchange or Microsoft Office 365 Business or Enterprise subscription plans
Office 365 Business Versions
- Office 365 Business Enterprise F1 (2 GB Mailbox, 2 GB Cloud Storage, Office Web Apps)
- Office 365 Business Essentials (50 GB Mailbox, 1TB Cloud Storage, Office Web Apps)
- Office 365 Business Premium (50 GB Mailbox, 1TB Cloud Storage, Office Web Apps, Office Desktop on 5 PC/Mac)
- Office 365 Enterprise E1 (50 GB Mailbox, 1TB Cloud Storage, Office Web Apps)
- Office 365 Enterprise E3 (100 GB Mailbox, Unlimited Cloud Storage, Office Web Apps, Office Desktop on 5 PC/Mac)
- Office 365 Enterprise E5 (100 GB Mailbox, Unlimited Cloud Storage, Office Web Apps, Office Desktop on 5 PC/Mac, ATP, Power Bi etc)
Hybrid ICT have been providing outsourced IT support services for small and medium sized businesses in Perth and Western Australian since 2013. We also provide local, onsite, call-out services in support of interstate and international managed IT services companies and corporate IT departments who require local representation on a break-fix or contract basis.
Hybrid ICT (info Tech Guys Pty Ltd) are located in Subiaco, 5 minutes from the Perth CBD and the West Perth business district. With a strong focus on small to medium sized businesses, we provide around the clock IT support to businesses with up to 100 staff running Microsoft, Apple, Linux and Hybrid IT infrastructure.